What is an “embodied spirituality” and what does it mean to embody your spiritual experience? How do we bring our bodies to our prayer, worship and other spiritual practices? There are several great resources I want to share with you that explore these questions.
I highly recommend these books…
- Embodied Prayer: Towards a Wholeness of Body, Mind & Soul by Celeste Snowber Schroeder. You can preview and read a portion of this book here.
- The Wisdom of the Body: a Contemplative Journey to Wholeness for Women by Christine Valters Paintner. You can find out about both the book and an online course that accompanies it here.
I recommend the following articles and blog posts:
- NEW!! an article on using prayer ropes and one on my meditative prayer beads
- an article with touching video about taking time for rest in the midst of chaos
- ideas for praying with play-dough
- a 7-part series on postures of prayer & praise
- thoughts on reclaiming yoga as a Christian healing tool
I recommend the following videos:
- NEW!! let my friend Marlita Hill dance prophetically over your life
- CaraMayan embodied prayer: The Lord’s Prayer
- CaraMayan embodied prayer: Gaelic Blessing
- a Christ-centered grounding practice with scripture
- a Christ-centered breath practice with scripture
- a short prayer to embody your faith
Please check back on occasion as I will add to this list as I discover more resources on my own journey of living a fully-embodied, whole-hearted life!
Stay Rooted & Keep Reaching, Jody